Sunday, October 16, 2011

Web Conference Week 2

After this evenings web conference, I am certain that I am not the only one struggling with the amount of work that has been left for this last course. I don't think any of us, at least in my Skype group, are intentionally being whiny. I think if you look at all of our groups lives you would see that we are all busy, all the time. I think you would also see that we up to this point have felt confident in our time management. If anything, there are courses that we felt left us wondering what next. Instead in this course it feels like there are some things, like the course-embedded assignments that could have been addressed with the expectation giving in this course at the beginning of the program. I would have felt better about the expected level of writing if had been throughout. I do admit that like I stated in the web conference, I would much rather give a speech than have to type the reflections. I have never been a journalistic type of person.

On a more assignment focused note, I am glad to know that the comprehensive exam may not flow the way I am used to writing flow. I keep looking at my comprehensive exam thinking that it is missing transitions. Unfortunately, how do you transition from leadership goals to the Horizon Report? I am glad that both Dawn and Dr. Abernathy mentioned that it may sound choppy now, but will come together by week five. I suppose that this is just the place that I am in as a speech teacher and writer. Sometimes the transition back and forth has been challenging, but I am excited by all that I have learned. The information from my graduate school courses has helped me to make an impact in my teacher organization, my classroom, and my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment