Sunday, October 30, 2011

EDLD 5397-Week 4 Web Conference

I am excited and also saddened after attending the Saturday morning web conference from my iPhone. Adobe Connect has a free app to allow you to connect from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. I was happy to find this app since I am gone on Saturdays often to places that do not have wifi--or at least not open access. This web conference was a bit of trial and error. While I was unable to see the chat log--I am still trying to diagnose that problem--I was able to add to it, and both my audio and video worked fine. I chose to forgo the use of video because I was moving around a lot and dealing with children, but having audio and the ability to speak when I needed was rather useful. I am excited to have an app that was both free and applicable to my needs.

Overall, I still feel a little lost in my reflections. I often feel that I am meeting the requirements of the reflections, but since I do not outright reference the guiding questions I think I am loosing points. I mentioned in my comp exam this week about my struggle with academic writing, but it is specifically an issue with reflective writing. I feel like I am repetitive and wordy writing the reflections. I also find it hard to re-reflect on courses from over a year ago...especially when some courses fell in emotionally stressful times due to the loss of two family members this year from cancer. I am happy to say though that Dr. Abernathy as well as the other professors in the program have all been very reassuring during the various struggles I have had during the course of graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment